ABN Registration Service Declaration
By submitting this form, I declare that ABN Assist (ABN 60 614 982 464) is authorised to act as my registered tax agent and submit an ABN application to the Australian Business Register (ABR) on my behalf, and if necessary, process GST and PAYG registrations with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
I understand that ABN Assist will utilise information supplied by me in this form to apply for an ABN and GST and PAYG registrations when requested.
I confirm that I have received the consent of all individuals referred to in this application form, to the submission of their personal information contained in this form to ABN Assist and to the ABR and ATO as necessary to process this application. I verify that the information supplied is, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and complete. I also confirm:
- I am not disqualified from managing corporations under Section 206B(1) of the Corporations Act 2001.
- Within the last 5 years I have not been convicted of, or released from prison after being convicted of, and serving a term of imprisonment for, any of the criminal offences referred to in Section 32(1)(c) or (d) of the Business Names Registration Act 2011.
- The information supplied is, to the best of my knowledge, accurate and complete.
- I understand the best structure for my business (Sole Trader).
- I have the TFN, date of birth and name, OR name, address and date of birth for all key people in my business.
- I am not applying just because I have been asked to get an ABN as a condition of employment.
- I meet a number of the key characteristics of a business, or will once started, for example sourcing my own clients, I can delegate my work to others if I choose, I will invoice for my work and set my rate of pay, I will have a bank account for my business separate from my own bank account, I am responsible for my own public liability, professional indemnity and/or workers compensation/income protection insurance.
- I can provide evidence that I am entitled to an ABN if requested.
- To provide true and correct information in my ABN application. Penalties of up to $12,600 can apply for each false or misleading statement made in an ABN application.
- Once I have an ABN I must keep it up to date (within 28 days of any change) and cancel it once I am no longer trading or carrying on an enterprise.
Valid from 01/12/2019 (v1.1)